Despite many individuals experiencing disability firsthand, the topic is not talked about nearly enough by non-disabled individuals. This leads to misconceptions and uncertainty around how to start these types of conversations.
In this episode, Iván Watanabe is joined by Dani Izzie, a social media manager at Spinergy Inc, disabilities advocate, and a proud mother of twins. Dani shares her insight as a person with quadriplegia and highlights the costs of basic living with specialized equipment, how society’s perception of disability impacts social interactions, and more.
- How to correctly approach and refer to disabilities
- The social and medical model of disabilities
- How she became quadriplegic
- The financial and emotional struggles she faced after hospitalization
- Some of the challenges people with disabilities face
- Why she created the documentary “Dani’s Twins”
- And more!
Connect with Dani Izzie:
Connect with Iván Watanabe:
About Our Guest:
Dani Izzie is an experienced digital strategist with demonstrated skills working in the sporting goods industry and disability community.